7 Tips toTake Care of Your Clothes in Winter
I recently bought a new overcoat and oh God! Even a normal one comes for such a high price. The winter garments are very precious ones in a woman’s wardrobe. Not only they are expensive but also need lot of care. My mom always gives me lot of tips to take care of my winter garments. Today, I am going to share some of them with you:
Washing the clothes
- See the labels. If they say, dry clean then dry clean. In case you don’t want to get your sweaters dry cleaned, use cold water and a mild detergent to wash them gently. No washing machines.
- Do not wring out your sweater. Putting it in a spinner means killing your clothes deliberately.
- Do not dry the clothes under direct sunlight. Put them under shade upside down.
- Coats should not be washed every time you wear them. Wash them at least after a month. Till then, use a wet cloth to remove dirt and make it look like newly washed.
Storing the clothes
- Place scented moth balls to avoid the bad smell.
- Do not hang them. Fold them properly and store. Hanging them would make them get stretched and out of shape.
- Use a razor to remove the pills. This one’s a bit special. Buying a separate pill remover is kinda expensive and completely out of question when you have your ‘desi’ razors. 😉